Oral Hygiene Services
Good oral hygiene wards off plaque build-up, bacteria, cavities and bad breath. It plays a vital role in maintaining strong and healthy teeth, maintains previous dental work and most importantly, improves your overall wellbeing.
Poor oral hygiene, on the other hand, is a culprit of tooth decay (caries) and gum disease (periodontal disease). Gum disease is an infectious disease caused by excessive plaque buildup and multiplying bacteria. Symptoms of gum disease (gingivitis) are red, inflamed, puffy and bleeding gums. Some of the signs of gum disease are tartar (Calculus) build up, dry mouth (xerostomia), frequent tooth pain, food sensitivity and persistent bad breath (halitosis).
International statistics revealed that gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. If left untreated, gum disease could progress to periodontal disease which has a correlation to more serious health complications, including stroke, cancer, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and digestive disorders.
- Oral hygiene exam.
- Oral cancer screening.
- Tartar (Calculus) deposit removal.
- Stain removal.
- Treatment of gum disease (Gingivitis).
- Oral hygiene instruction.
- Desensitizing treatments for sensitive teeth.
- Remineralizing treatments for early tooth decay (Caries).
- Antibacterial treatments.
- Preventive sealants.
- Cavity (caries) prevention.
- Bad breath treatments.
- Nutrition counseling.
- Smoking cessation counseling.
- Teeth whitening.
- Sports guards/ occlusal guards.
- Pain/sensitivity control using non-injectable options.