How To Maintain Your Veneers
A couple of points you need to understand, veeners, when done correctly by a qualified prosthodontist (Prosthetics Dental Specialist), should do not damage the teeth, but optimize them for superior esthetics or function.
Here is what you need to know about maintaining your veneers:
- Make sure to brush your teeth a minimum of twice a day.
- Utilize dental floss, rather than toothpicks.
- Regular 6-month checkups with our doctors or hygienists.
- Patients can always benefit from occlusal guard, especially patients who clench or grind their teeth at night.
See article: What is an occlusal Guard?
- Avoid chewing hard foods or objects, for example ice, pencils, pens, fingernails etc.
- If you play sports, you might want to fabricate a sports guard in our in-house state of the art digital and dental laboratory at Albahri Dental and Orthodontic Center.
Figure 2: Sports Guard
- Avoid colored drinks and foods, like smoking, coffee, dark sodas, teas or berries
At Al bahri Dental and Orthodontic Center, Al-Ain and Abu Dhabi, we offer all types of treatments that’s tailored to you and that is unique to your face, personality, and smile. Even if you already have dental veneers placed, make sure to visit our hygenists or general dentists to maintain your beauty smile.
Feel free to contact us to book your veneers consultation with our Specialists or hygienists for maintanence.
Dr. Rami Albahri DDS, MMSc.
Prosthodontics and Implant Surgeon.
Harvard & NYU Educated.
For consultations contact us
Abu Dhabi – +971 2 575 1856
Al Ain – +971 3 7643273